Friday, October 17, 2008

Prescription For Success

There’s more to a pharmacist’s job than just counting pills.
Pharmacists work in many different settings. There is some in drugstores. They mix and dispense medications and make sure people understand how to take them properly... Other pharmacists conduct research work in clinical settings like hospitals consult for insurance companies and pharmaceutical manufactures and attend to homebound patients.

Asking Catherine Newkirk questions

1.) Career world: Why did you decide to become a pharmacist?
Catherine Newkink answer: I grew up in an area that was mostly (poor). I saw how my neighborhood pharmacy helped people and knew that was what I wanted to do. I didn’t hear about the profession from my school counselors or teachers or anyone at school. I wish more schools would talk to kids about a pharmaceutical career.
2.) What kind of education does a pharmacist need?
I worked my way through the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The program was five years but now universities offer a degree know as Pharm.D.

This is 2 questions that Career World had asked Catherine Newkirk who is a pharmacist.

2 comments:

Kevin Tso said...

Good Summary
Would you ever think of becoming a pharmacist yourself?

+Ms. King+ said...

Nice Wrk! =]
I didn't knw what they did exactly.

SiSi♥